Hasbean El Salvador Finca San Jose - 250g
The mountain slopes of Finca San José are fully shaded by trees that help to maintain and preserve the crop and the surrounding environment. In addition to the trees' diversity, the farm is home to a variety of wild animals and birds, which can be seen in their natural habitat. San José is nested in the northwestern slope of an extinct volcanic crater, which holds a small lagoon inside it. The lagoon is named Nymph Lagoon, due to the abundance of water lilies.
Coffee at Finca San José goes through extensive quality control. It's also grown under standards that support specialty coffee production. The unique microclimate conditions include an average altitude of 1,500 metres above sea level, an average temperature of 17°C, and rich and loamy clay soil; and the coffee grown is mainly Red Bourbon.
Cherry Cola does coffee! There're layers of caramel in the cup along with sweet cherryand a delicate sweet spice edge. The body is silky smooth too, which helps make this one of the most balanced cups of coffee out there.
- Country: El Salvador
- Department: Ahuachapán
- Municipality: Apaneca
- Nearest city: El Saitillal
- Farm: Finca San José
- Owner Gloria Mercedes Rodriguez Fontán
- Farm manager: Antonio Avelino
- Processing method: Washed
- Varietal: Red Bourbon
- Altitude: 1,500 m.a.s.l.
- Average annual rainfall: 2,500mm
- Average temperature: 17ºC
- Type of soil: Clay loam
- Type of shade: Pepeto, inga sp, and other native trees
- Typical native fauna: Armadillo, gray fox, agouti, pocket gopher, magpie, turquoise-browed motmot